Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hellboy II on DVD November 18

Hellboy II
Ready for a little Hellboy this Holiday season? ICV2 is reporting that the hit comic book flick (come to think of it, wasn’t every comic flick this summer a hit, minus perhaps Hancock?) Hellboy II: The Golden Army will hit DVD (and Blu-ray) shelves on November 18, 2008. A collector’s edition with an excerpt from visionary director Guillermo del Toro’s (Pan’s Labyrinth) journals and a Golden Army statue will be available on release. No prices have been released yet, but there’s no reason to expect the various versions to run out of line with similar fare.

I know I’ll be picking it up so I can watch that “love song” scene over and over again. Say what you will about some of the film’s quirks, but I’d put Hellboy II right behind Dark Knight and Wall-E in terms of awesome genre flicks I saw this summer. It’s funny, original, visually arresting and action-packed, just how I like my comic movies.

Read [ICV2]

No comments: