Saturday, August 30, 2008

PSP brite features shorter battery life

Image of the PSP-3000 aka PSP Brite
Those considering upgrading their PSPs once the PSP-3000 model (aka the PSP brite) is released may want to reconsider. John Koller, the director of Hardware Marketing at Sony, spoke with GameSpot concering the newest incarnation of the portable device. While most of the video isn’t that astounding, Koller’s comment concerning the PSP brite’s battery life will make your eyes pop.

The changes to the system mean that the battery life of the PSP brite will be 20-30 minutes less than the battery life of existing PSPs. I guess the brighter screen, stronger backlight and built in mic are going to use a lot of power. On the plus side, Sony’s going to bring the extended life battery back - something PSP-3000 users might need.

GameSpot’s video of John Koller discussing the PSP-3000:

The battery issue alone is enough to disuade me from upgrading my PSP slim. I already only average five hours with mine, and I’ve noticed that if I don’t play it for a while, it seems like it’s lost power. On the other hand, my DS lite seems to get at least eight hours of battery life.

Read [GameSpot] Via [PSP Fanboy]

No comments: