Sunday, August 31, 2008

EA’s new games on dispay at PAX 08

EA logoYou’ve got to hand it to EA for creating a presence at PAX. They had not just one but three booths on the floor, plus several others related to them. Here are the games they had on display, some more prominently than others.

Dragon Age: Origins: I believe that I mentioned in a previous article about the unusual booth. It looks to be a very awesome fantasy RPG. I will definitely talk about this game in a future article.

Facebreaker: It looks like a boxing game taken to the next level. Players can upload a photo of their face onto their player with Photo Game Face, and play against another player. It has an irreverent yet whimsical spirit to it.

Mirror’s Edge: It looks to be a first-person shooter with no shooting. I realize that sounds very lame but all the action feels lifelike as you control the main character’s actions to jump and climb totally from their eye. I will definitely follow-up on this one.

Battlefield Heroes: A Play 4 Free shooter that looks kind of cartoonish. No gritty action here, just good clean fun games of war.

Lord of the Rings: Conquest: It’s another LOTR game. Looks great, but hey, doesn’t anything created by Tolkien naturally gifted? While we’re on that subject, Turbine had some cool Lord of the Rings Online updates that I will report on later this week.

Need for Speed Undercover: In case you can’t wait for The Fast and the Furious 4, feel free to indulge in this game where you go, as the title implies, undercover to infiltrate a crime syndicate.

Dead Space: Very dark, very space, very cool. I fully intend to write up a more detailed account on this as soon as I can get it. Right now, it is a science fiction horror game where you must take on a deadly alien scourge to survive.

Battle Forge: A fantasy real-time strategy that uses digital cards for playing.

Spore: Need I say more? I believe we’ve covered this before, and I will not talk like Dr. Seuss any more.

Crysis: Warhead: A new Crysis game involving a parallel story. It looks as good as the original.

Mercenaries 2: Out of all the games, this one should be out now. I saw lots of players lining up to blow things up.

War Hammer and Rock Band 2: No comment, as none is needed.

As I mentioned before, I will be following up on many of these titles.

Site [EA’s Coming Soon] Read [Gamertell]

No comments: